2020-2021 Hopedale Trash & Recycle
Collection & InformationHopedale has contracted with E. L. Harvey and Sons, Inc. of Westborough, MA for the curbside collection of refuse, recyclable materials and bulk items.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- All trash and recyclables must be out on the edge of the sidewalk/road by 7:00 a.m.
- There is a four (4) bag limit, 35-gallon size bags.
- No loose trash in barrels.
- Each bag/barrel can not weigh more than 50 lbs.
- Recycling collection will be EVERY WEEK.
- Recycling will be “single stream,” which means all paper, plastic, cardboard, metal food containers, and glass bottles can be in one container. Recycable materials should be washed clean.
- DO NOT place recyclables in a plastic bag.
- Each household is allowed one (1) burnable, of any size and type, non-metal, non-restricted bulk item per week.
- Bulk item collection must be arranged ahead of time by calling E. L. Harvey and Sons, Inc. at 800-321-3002.
- For non-burnable bulk item, a fee is paid directly to E. L. Harvey.
- For E.L. Harvey’s non-burnable bulk item collection fee schedule, go to (elharvey.com).
WHAT WILL NOT BE COLLECTED:
- Large auto parts, such as body metal, engine blocks, transmissions, rear-end components, auto batteries.
- Earth, stone, tree trunks, brush, grass, leaves, Christmas trees, construction debris, oil tanks, and other non-household items.
REASONS FOR NON-COLLECTION:
- Trash or recycle not at curbside by 7:00 a.m.
- More than 4 bags of trash (35-gallon size).
- Trash not bagged and is loose in container.
- Recycling in plastic bags.
- Exceeded allowable one bulk item per week or unscheduled with E.L. Harvey.
If any item is declared “unacceptable” by the driver, a non-compliance sticker will be placed on the item. In such case, the resident must call E. L. Harvey for an explanation.
- It can be difficult to predict how an impending storm will affect safety and road conditions for collection. As soon as a delay has been determined, a notice will be placed on the town’s website (www.hopedale-ma.gov) and E.L. Harvey’s website (elharvey.com).
- If your trash and recycle is already at curbside and collection has been delayed, bring it back in or away from the curb so plows will not cover it over or drive over it.
The ONLY holidays that collection will be delayed one day are:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If any of these holidays fall on a weekend, collection will NOT be delayed.
If there is a delay in collection due to a holiday or inclement weather, collection will take place the next day.
All trucks will have GPS and cameras so any missed collection can easily be identified.
If you experience a missed collection, contact E. L. Harvey at 800-321-3002.