How to obtain certified copies of marriage or death certificates:
You may request records in writing through the mail. Please send the request to the Town Clerk’s Office, P.O. Box 7, Hopedale, MA 01747-0007
- Complete the following application.
- Each certified copy is $10.00, please enclose a check or
- Money order made payable to the Town of Hopedale.
Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope for the return.
** Marriages will only be recorded in the town in which you applied for your marriage license - not necessarily in the Town in which you were physically married.**Deaths will be recorded in the town in which the person died, or at the town hall where the decedent resided (unless out of state).
How to obtain birth records:
You can obtain the record by sending a written request to the Town Clerk’s Office, P.O. Box 7, Hopedale, MA 01747.
- If the parents on the birth record were NOT married at the time of birth, this makes the birth record restricted to anyone other than those named on the birth record.
In this case: If you are not able to come into the office and show us identification, you would need to have the request witnessed by a Notary Public. The request would have to contain the following:
- Child’s name
- Date of Birth
- Photocopy of the I.D. witnessed
- Signature and official stamp or seal of Notary Public
- If the parents were married, anyone can obtain the record either at Town Hall or through the mail.